Friday 9 January 2015

Magical Moment

As I mentioned in my last post, I packed all my delicious new stamps to play with while I was relaxing on my little holiday, but would you believe I only made ONE tag?


So, which stamp to choose first?
As you can see, I decided I'd have a play with "Ponytail" which is a rather cute stamp from Roc Nicholas who is one of the Stampotique designers.

Firstly I cut the tag from an A4 sheet of card that I had previously painted and gessoed using a stencil, that had found its way back into my pack of white A4 cardstock.
Well, that was an easy background, wasn't it?

Next I stamped "Ponytail" onto a leftover piece of Kaisercraft designer paper 'Mix & Match Collection - Postage Stamps', the wrong side of which is striped.  I stamped him again another 3 times as I wanted a 3D look, then I fussy cut each piece layering as I went.

 
The background stamp is from Memory Box called "Bramble Sunrise" which I had bought a few months ago and totally forgotten about, oops!  I then stamped it again onto another piece of pre-sprayed background, punching out the 'sun' and glueing it directly onto the background.

When I had visited Pages 2 Scrap (my favourite store on the coast) the day before, I had picked up yet another washi tape (they keep it on the counter just to tempt me!) and this made a perfect little border for "Ponytail" to stand on.  I also used another piece for a tab on the top of the tag.

The top third of the tag needed a little something, so I inked up the words 'magical moment' which are on another Stampotique stamp by France Papillon.  Two torn strips of washi tape beneath the words and my tag was finished.

I was rather happy with how this tag turned out and having used washi tape on it, I can enter it in this weeks Tagalong challenge - "use washi tape".

Thanks for taking a peek at what I've been up to .......

Happy Crafting!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Creative use of washi tape for the Tag Along Challenge, Helen! Great stamps (love the bramble) for a fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scene you created here Helen, that horse looks awesome. Fab tag x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!