The theme this week for the
Altered Playing Card Challenge
was "Steampunk" using glitter paper, cogs & wheels etc.
I searched for my glitter paper in all the places I could think of but to no avail. I had packed up my craft things for Christmas and haven't quite worked out where some of them were put.
I started off both backgrounds using a TCW stencil "Mini Gears" and 'black soot' Distress Ink. The card on the right also has some 'broken china' Distress Ink added just for some extra colour.
Looking through my stamps, I came across Graphic 45 "Steampunk Spells" with the Witches Brew bottle and wings. Both were stamped in 'jet black' Archival Ink and coloured with 'broken china' and 'peeled paint' Distress Inks. I attached the wings with dimensionals and then added two layers of dimensionals to the bottle for extra height. To finish I added glimmer to the wings using my Wink of Stella pen.
For this card, I looked through the Graphic 45 "Steampunk Spells" paper pad and found the cut image of the winged lady waiting patiently, and she was just the right size for the playing card. Again I attached her with dimensionals and trimmed a smidgen off the edges to fit.
So although my cards don't quite follow the guidelines this week, I'm happy with them nevertheless.
Thanks for visiting .........