Tuesday 27 January 2015

Butterflies

Yesterday, I decided to have a play with a couple of stamps that my friend Jenni loaned to me.  I sat and studied them for a bit while I was having my lunch before deciding on "Sharon".
"Sharon" is a Prima stamp from the 'Bloom Collection'.


I stamped "Sharon" on watercolour paper and then went in search of my tin of 36 watercolour pencils.  I was lucky enough to find these in a pre-loved book sale and grabbed them before anyone else had noticed them and they appear to be brand new.   My other tin has 24 colours so this gives me more colours to play with.

I started with her skin, then moved on to her hair and finally the butterflies.  I blended the colours with my Aquash water brush.


I was pretty happy with how this turned out, as the stamp itself is quite big and so the colouring area is more than I'm used to doing.

I stuck it into my art journal, added the date to the bottom and a few notes to the top.

I'll probably stamp this a few more times so I can play with different colour combinations before giving it back to Jenni.

Thanks, Jenni, I really enjoyed my afternoon colouring this lovely girl!
 
Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully water colored, Helen. I have water color pencils but have not yet got my "blending" figured out. This beautiful piece has me inspired, but trembling! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!