Wednesday 7 January 2015

Birthday Book

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wishing you all a CRAFTY and ADVENTUROUS year ahead!
  
 I've just spent a lovely, relaxing 5 days away at my home away from home on the lovely Central Coast of NSW.    My BFF invites me to stay with her family each year during the first week of the new year.  We go for drives and find new things, we watch movies and episodes of Midsomer Murder, we spend time at home crafting - me with papercraft, she with quilting, but the best thing is we get to spend time with each other!

Before I headed off last Friday, I hunted through my 'project' box and found a little book which was in need of decorating, so along with some new Graphic 45 'Time to Flourish' paper and ALL my new stamps and other bits 'n' bobs, my craft bag was packed ready for playing.
Then I packed my clothes, got to get the priorities right!!!

 Front Cover
I think this needs a title and a little bit of embellishment, but until I find exactly what that may be, I'll leave it just as you see it.

Inside Cover & January
I guess this could be a 'birthday book' as each page has a calendar which is sitting in a pocket.

February & March

 April & May
The page that May & June are on is actually clear perspex and so you can see through it to July.

  June & July
Looking at June, you can see the April page.  The July page is made from canvas.

August & September
August is also on the canvas page.  September is on two closed envelopes.

October & November
October is on the back of the two envelopes while November has a side tab.

December & Inside Back Cover

 Back Cover

This was lots of fun to make, the pages have been made using the 8 x 8 pad, and the covers were made with 4 sheets of 12 x 12 papers.

Thanks for looking ......
Happy Crafting!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a very, very interesting book, Helen! Love both the clear pages and the canvas pages, but how can I not absolutely love G45 papers??? I am in need of just such a book. I have birthday reminders on my computer, on my phone, and even on our hanging paper calendar, yet I still forget to check and am late sending out most birthday cards. I have a similar notebook about recording wines, so I might try to adapt that one for my own birthday book. Thanks for the inspiration--happy summer!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!