Sunday 20 July 2014

The Famous Five

Yesterday I joined another Craftanoon event
and while most who come along are busy scrapbooking,
I was catching up on this week's various challenges.
I had a lovely relaxing day and hope to be able to go along to the next one
scheduled for mid September.

This week's theme at Stampotique is
#156 "Book Inspiration"

As soon as I read what the theme was, I knew what I wanted to do.


Any guesses?
"The Famous Five" by Enid Blyton

This is a series of books that I really loved when I was a child although I think from memory I actually only owned one and was able to borrow the rest from one of my friends.

When my children were little, I would buy one book every two weeks and we all enjoyed them - me included - until we had the whole series!

Recently the books were released as a box set which I purchased and
gave to my BFF for her birthday - a surprise she certainly wasn't expecting!
(this came about from a conversation we had had earlier in the year)

Anyhow, back to the challenge.

I decided "Line Up" and "Kitty" would fit my book title perfectly
so I stamped them directly onto the tag and coloured them with watercolour pencils.
I then tried out a technique that was on youtube this week
(I can't remember who did it, though I think Tim Holtz linked it on FB)
where you cover the image with tissue or washi tape, 
then colour it with Distress Inks and stencils etc until you are happy with the result,
then carefully peel off the tissue tape to reveal how it looks above.

Craftanoon always has a shop set up and I found these paperclip arrows 
and the teeny tiny letters which were just right for naming each of the characters from the books.


I finished off the tag with 'measuring tape' washi tape Nos. 1 -5 to go along with 
the book title as well.

This is my entry to this week's theme at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Thanks for looking and hope you like my interpretation!

Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Your tag is adorable! I love Line Up together with Kitty and also really love that background.

    I'm not familiar with that book series and will have to see if I can find it!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your famous five look fabulous ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved her books as a child too and I love this tag! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag Helen :)
    thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful thing to share with us, Helen! I love your tag (which would make a perfect bookmark, by the way), and totally agree there could be no better images to represent your book! Thanks so much for inspiring us all on the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's delicate and fun at the same time! I'm so happy to read you knew exactly what to do with our new challenge! Thanks for joining the Stampotique Designer challenge :)))
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute thing! Great tag :) Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer challenge. Magda

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!