Sunday 27 July 2014

Heart Throb turns 18

During the week I was asked if I would be able to make two "eighteenth" birthday cards, both for the one recipient, with a theme of black, white and a splash of green.  Since I (like many others) find male cards hard to make, I had a browse of pinterest for ideas.

So, in the opposite order to how they were made, 
this is the one I came up with using "Heart Throb"


I started with a shimmer black base (which was left over from the first card) and found a pack of white 12" x 12" card with a resist pattern (SU) which I cut to fit on top of the black mat.  I built up colour around the edges using Distress Ink 'peeled paint' which then brings up the resist pattern on the cardstock (which I think looks pretty cool).

Next I stamped Heart Throb in Archival Ink 'jet black', fussy cut him and added green stickles to hightlight the heart on his jacket.
I mixed a drop of 'old olive' reinker (SU) and 'glossy accents' and painted it onto the chipboard numbers before sprinkling them with 'stampin' glitter' (SU) and then put them aside to dry.

I was doing a SU class earlier in the week where the technique was playing with glitter and this was one of the ways which we were shown, except we were using acetate rather than chipboard.  I was quite impressed by how it turned out and so thought I'd play with this technique a bit more.

 I then added a length of washi tape for a bit of ground for Heart Throb to stand on, and once the numbers were dry, glued them into place, and finished by adhering to a white card.

I was rather chuffed with how this turned out and hope the birthday boy enjoyed receiving it.

I'll be back tomorrow to show the other card that was made for the same young man.

Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Helen! Heart Throb is always a safe bet for a masculine card, and you have used him brilliantly here! Love that his heart reflects the glimmer of the "18"! Excellent choice of washi tape for grounding your image for this birthday card! Several elements, but all perfectly "connected."

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!