Today's class was using thin sheets of cork to make three cards
with a fourth as a bonus card, if we had time.
We started with this one, the fiddliest of them all,
and also the sticky-est.
Using a Memory Box die "Scalloped Posies" we ran it through the Cuttlebug three times which creates the spiral to make the flowers;
of course, you have to roll the flowers and then glue them, getting just a tad sticky in the process.
(By this time, the ladies were just about ready to throttle me, especially when their flowers kept unravelling and not sticking to the skeleton leaves, LOL!!!)
The tendrils are the negative pieces, but very useful for adding an extra touch.
A squeeze of Liquid Pearls finished off the flower centres.
Next up, a corkboard easel, and apart from cutting the legs, much easier and
not a spot of glue in sight - only double sided tape.
Third in line is the delicate poppy design, again using Memory Box die "Prim Poppy",
with a hexagon embossing folder, and then mounted on another piece of cork.
The fancy edging is a SU punch from a couple of years ago.
The 'bonus' card is using the negative image from the previous card
with decorative papers behind the cut-out.
I'm hoping the ladies didn't think the cards were too tedious and will come back again later in the month when I'll be teaching Japanese cards with a teensy bit of origami!
(and I do mean 'teensy' as I find origami quite difficult, so this has to be easy)
If any of these cards look familiar, it could be because I gleaned ideas from Pinterest
as Mr Mojo seems to have gone AWOL lately,
so to all those people who post on Pinterest - THANK YOU!!!