Wednesday 23 July 2014

Flying Monkey

Four days in a row?
This has to be some kind of record - for me anyway!!!

When I was at Craftanoon last weekend, they had a sketch challenge which was mainly for the scrapbook ladies, but could be adapted for cards etc, which you can tweak, turn around, add or subtract - you know, put your own spin on it.

So, this is what I came up with, thinking along the lines of the
from a couple of weeks back
#154 "Travel/Vacation"


I watercoloured the "Flying Monkey" with Distress Ink
and blended a little bit of 'barn door' around the edges.

I adhered different lengths of washi tape across the spotty paper, and carefully cut around two of the circles with my craft knife, so the corner of the stamped square could be tucked underneath.

Simple, but fun!
 

 Happy Crafting!


4 comments:

  1. Love this and I don't why but everytime I see the flying monkey it makes me chuckle! I'm seriously going to have to add him to my wishlist! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on the sketch, Helen! Love all the layers, and, especially, how you tucked the corner of your square beneath two of the circles! That was crafty! Thanks for submitting this to the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on my challenge! I do so love that Flying Monkey. He cracks me up.

    Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy following a sketch from time to time! I like that you took a scrapbook sketch and turned it into this great card! Thank you for joining us at stampotique designers challenge

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!