Tuesday 2 April 2019

Be your beautiful self

Autumn finally seems to have arrived in Sydney, with cooler nights and balmy days.
Let's hope the humidity has also gone, at least for the next few months.

One of my dear friends had a birthday recently (who would have thought, eh?)
which of course, called for a one-off card.



This stamp is one of my favourites, and I find her gracing quite a few of the cards I make.

I started by dragging white card through puddles of Distress Oxide inks, 
then once it was dry, added blue paint through a brick wall stencil.



"Chicken" was stamped onto white card and coloured with prismacolor pencils.
I again stamped her, this time onto a small piece of floral paper which was a bright splash of colour for her top.  I left her leggings black & white.

I found the 'fun' ticket in a pack of ephemera, tucking it in behind her.  
Some spotty washi tape was added and "Chicken" finally had an interesting wall to stand against.

 

A couple of Tim Holtz' quotes fitted the card perfectly.
All that was needed to finish the card was a black mat on white card. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my friend!

Stamps
Stampotique - "Chicken"


   Come back and visit again soon ..... until then,
Happy Crafting!
  

2 comments:

  1. Love the background colours on this, your gal is pretty special. Lucky recipient of your card I hope she enjoys receiving the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did; and thank you for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!