Saturday 13 February 2016

Winging it!

Ok, so this isn't the most exciting thing I've ever made (or posted), but here goes ....


It came about because of the following challenges:
Stampotique Designers Challenge #231 - "Love is in the Air"
Wicked Wednesday - "Seeing Red"
Sisterhood of the Snarky Sisters #52 - "K is for Kiss"

I started out with an ATC, and stamped the word 'love' twice in red ink.  The wings are part of a Darkroom Door set which I thought were the right size for the word.  Next the hearts (Stampotique) were stamped, along with the 'X' (kiss).  I coloured the insides of the hearts as it all looked rather bland, and then re-stamped the borders again with a darker red.  The wings are coloured with gold and red gel pens.  

I'm really not taken with what I have made - maybe I'll have a rethink on these challenges before I make a complete idiot out of myself!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful ATC, Helen! I only wish it were bigger because the theme at Sunday Postcard Art is "Love will give you wings!" I hope you will visit the site, where I will be hosting on February 21!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. I will keep the Postcard Art in mind. There is something about this ATC that just didn't work for me, so perhaps a bigger size i.e. postcard, could be what is needed.

      Delete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!