Tuesday 2 February 2016

Northern Lights

I've made a new friend!

We are both members of a FB craft group but until a couple of weeks ago, she was just a name; and then unexpectedly she found herself in hospital quite a distance from her home with nothing to do.   On discovering the hospital was only 15 minutes drive away from where I live, I decided to pay her a surprise visit and so off I went, taking with me a gift of a colouring book & pencils, along with a copy of Daphne's Diary.  As we were both crafty and were papercrafters, we found we had lots to chat about and so a new friendship was born.

On my second visit this week, she wanted to show me how to do the Northern Lights technique, so I packed the necessary things and we spent a nice afternoon playing and getting inky.

 This one is on thin gloss paper and I was quite happy with it.

This one is on gloss cardstock and is my least favourite.

This is done on gloss photo paper and I think looks quite good.

This is also done on gloss photo paper but with a little more colour.


Stamps used are Darkroom Door 'Yuletide' Vol 1; with a variety of coloured inkpads from both Distress Ink and Stampin' Up!

It is quite easy to see the difference in how the colours blend on the different  papers used in this technique.  The detail in the stamps is also very noticeable, especially on the photo paper.

My 'new' friend was being transferred to a rehabilitation centre today much closer to where she lives, so I am unlikely to meet up with her again unless I'm on the south coast.  It was lovely to be able to spend some crafty time with her and to learn a new technique along the way.

Hope everything goes well with her rehabilitation and she makes a full recovery!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity (though sad for your friend as she was hospitalized) for you to meet a crafty someone from FB! And, you are quite the angel for having made that effort. Love the Northern Lights artwork you have created with this new technique. You will have to share it with us some day in the future. Hugs, Kay

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!