Sunday 28 February 2016

Make a Wish

After my first attempt at a shabby chic card, I kept looking at what didn't quite work, (I decided the card base should have been smaller) and tried again.


This time, "Gooseneck" decided to take centre stage.
What do you think?


The background text is torn from a book, and for those that know me, you will be interested to hear that I didn't read the page first before tearing it out!) The other two pieces of torn paper are both from a packet of handmade papers I was given a couple of years ago.



I couldn't work out if shabby chic and vintage were different or crossed over somehow, but whatever the answer, I'm happy with the finished card.

Stamps used:
"Gooseneck" - Stampotique
Words - Tim Holtz 'Simple Sayings'

I think I'm starting to get the hang of the shabby chic style.
(In my previous post, I made a shabby chic ATC from a bag of leftovers)

Happy Crafting!



4 comments:

  1. What a "happy" birthday card, Helen! Gooseneck is lovely in her party frock. Your comment about reading the text before using it reminds me of a recent post of my own where I used French text. Have no clue what it says!!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!