Thursday 5 December 2013

Retirement Cards

Ah, the Retirement cards saga continues .......... not really, in the end after much thinking and searching of a suitable stamp, it came together rather well (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

This morning I was heading off to Alice in Paperland to 'play' in the last Dylusions class for this year.  Actually it's not really a class as it is very informal and there is usually only 3 of us, but we have lots of inky fun with much laughter and chatting.  Anyhow, one of the girls had brought along her new JOFY stamps and as I was stamping them onto my journal page, it suddently occurred to me that these would work rather well on the second retirement card (for which I was stuck for ideas).  They both agreed and as I had my watercolour paper and pencils with me, I quickly stamped and coloured some flowers.  The card was assembled after I went home.


I found a piece of cardstock to mat the flowers (it is much closer in colour to the flowers then it looks in the photo), stamped "dare to dream" (Tim Holtz), and popped in the insert.  The quote came from a book called "Words to the Rescue" and was computer printed.


For the first card (yes, I know I'm going backwards in time here) I used "Born to Ride" which is one of my recent purchases, with "enjoy the journey" (Tim Holtz) stamped in the bottom corner.



The same book was used for this quote too, although this time it is actually two quotes put together, but changed slightly.  This was also computer printed.

Tomorrow the school is having a presentation in honour of the two teachers who are retiring.  I'm not actually going but know the teachers as they were at the school prior to my children going there (and they have all finished school now).  After all those years of teaching students, they deserve a well earned retirement!

Now to finish the Wedding card for Saturday, and then next week I'll start sending out my Christmas cards.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the stamps you used, Helen, both the images and those perfect quotes. See! I knew you would get them done in time! On to that wedding card. I have to add that I would love to join you intimate group! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!