Saturday 28 December 2013

Party Time!

I've been having a look at a few challenges and really wanted to play along, but first I had to clear a space on the table.

Just prior to Christmas I had packed up all my crafty stuff so we could use the table for Christmas lunch, and it had since been put back on the table but in no particular order.  I thought I should cull a few items as I sorted them out so I started off with two small-medium boxes and a basket of old samples.  At the end of this little cull, I was down to just the basket with a smidge of room to spare - woohoo!!  Next was the pile of cardstock and designer papers, most of which are still in the pile as they are reasonably new and are still very useable.  A few papers did go into the recycling bin though, as they simply were no longer of use to me or were damaged, and since I have so many offcuts already, I really didn't want to add to them.

So, I made space at the table (except the pile of papers is still on the kitchen bench, oops!) and was able to have a little play with this week's challenges.

As it is the holiday season and people have been busy, a couple of the challenges have the same theme at the moment "Anything Goes", such an easy theme.


 I started with 'Mustard Seed' followed by 'Spiced Marmalade' and finished with 'Picked Raspberry' distress inks, blending them together.  A quick little spritz with water letting it dribble in a couple of spots before blotting it with a tissue followed.


I stamped "Gooseneck" with 'Jet Black' archival ink and coloured her with watercolour pencils before fussy cutting around her outline. As it is a New Year party, some balloons were stamped directly onto the tag and extra colour added.   'Happy New Year' was stamped with alphabet letter stamps onto a piece of scrap, cut out and popped up on dimensionals.  A piece of washi tape grounds "Gooseneck" with a couple of extra little bits added.  "Gooseneck" is also popped onto dimensionals.


The bottom left of the tag seemed empty, so using a 'date' stamp (SU) (my new acquisition) was just what was needed (well, I thought so anyway, hee hee).   The top of the tag was finished off with various yarns in co-ordinating colours.

I'm entering this tag in the following challenges:

          CASology.blogspot.com.au - theme "Party"
          Stampotiquedesignerschallenge.blogspot.com.au - theme "Anything Goes"
          Tagalongchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - theme "Anything Goes"


Thanks for coming by to visit, and I wish you health, happiness and lots of crafty fun as we begin 2014.

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Helen. I love the vibrant colours and the image is gorgeous.
    Have a lovely Sunday and if don't get to blog before Tuesday, enjoy you New Year.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tag Helen love the image

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool party tag, I love the background you created. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - I adore Jill Penney & Daniel Torrente designs for stampotique!
    This tag is a delight! The shading and the balloons are super!
    Thanks for adding this marvelous creation to the CASology Gallery this week and joining us in the fun PARTY!!!!! Hope to see you again in the New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you, too, Helen! What a festive greeting tag. Love the colors you blended and dripped together for the great background. Perfect for our "little lady," who is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!