Friday 10 May 2013

"I sat next to the Duchess"

The 'play date' was supposed to be a Dylusions class at Alice's, but as there was a bit of a hiccup with the date, there was only two of us, Jenni and myself.  We certainly had a nice morning and hopefully with the dates fixed, next month should see more people coming to play.

We had a lovely morning playing in our journals using pages torn from a book.  Somehow it just seems wrong tearing pages out, but once you start, well I suppose the book isn't a huge amount of use any more and so the more torn pages, the easier it gets!

I already had the background done on these pages and was wondering what to do with them.  Jenni had already started creating her houses from the book pages and so I joined in.

I started by cutting a square followed by a triangle (ie house and roof) and then spritzed with Dylusion inks using blue and turquoise.  I tore pieces for the windows and door and spritzed using Heidi Swap colour shine which has a shimmer through it.  Next a chimney was added and then the various bits were glued in place.


The second house (on the left) was done the same way  but with a bit of extra colour added.  When I was at the Papercraft show recently, one of the stall holders was demo-ing adding a puddle of Dylusion ink to a paper towel and using that to add small bits of colour, so I thought I'd give it a try.  So the pink areas on my house are done using this method.  The ink soaks into the paper towel a bit so the colour is more just to highlight but I was quite happy with how it finished off the house.

The title was a left over piece of print, stencilled in turquoise and white linen.  The bottom was stamped and  painted  using a little brush directly into the ink.

The houses were highlighted using a charcoal pencil, thanks Jenni, and to finish off, a couple of ink spatters to the background.   I think I will continue the house theme on the other page but ran out of time today.

Jenni's double page

Anyhow, must dash as I have a couple of classes to prepare for next week and I've barely started.

Thanks for visiting and always enjoy reading your comments.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. ...lovely work Helen, gorgeous colour choice too, have a super day...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Helen. I love the houses and the colours are gorgeous.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!