Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Feelin' a bit Dylusional today ......

Feelin' a bit dylusional, now that's an under-statement.  I've been wanting to get inky for the last few weeks, since my last play day at Alice's in fact, but life just keeps getting in the way.  But today I checked the calendar and the day was free, all mine, woohoo !!!

I couldn't decide whether to play in my journal or make a tag, so I ended up doing both, starting with the tag.

There are a few challenges around that I thought I'd enter including Tim Holtz' "12 Tags  2013" which for  May is using rub-ons with inks etc, so out came some SU rub-ons from a while back.  The pack had two identical designs, one white and the other chocolate, so I thought I'd give them both a whirl to see how they shape up with the dylusion inks.

An interesting thing I noticed was that when the colour went over the 'friends', it was easy to buff off with a tissue, but with the 'sun bursts' the larger of the two kept some of the colour in the centre while the smaller one just wiped off.  A bit odd but that's ok, I was just curious how they would turn out.

After rubbing the rub-ons, I spritzed through a hexagon stencil, did a bit of spattering, before stamping Dylusions 'Mini Couture' dress, painting it with undiluted Dylusion ink.

On to the journal where a bit of experimenting took place - dylusion inks, distress paints, stencils, spritzing, texture paste etc, a bit of everything really.

 I started with the right page first, stencilling with the hexagonal stencil, then moved on to the clocks before adding "Flossy".  Would you believe I managed to stab myself in the finger with the clock stencil?  And yes, it did bleed!   A row of flowers for Flossy to stand in, a hat, and a quick outline to define her curves.

A bit more spatter in different colours, a little bit of 'perfect pearls' on her arms and legs, really NOT sure about that technique, but hey, this was about experimenting after all!

With the left page, I decided to play with Distress Paint, 'barn red' and 'metallic bronze'.  I blobbed on the red down the side of the page, then water spritzed it, holding up the page, hence why it's dribbled sideways before drying with the heat gun.  The bronze was done the same way, I love how the colours have blended without going muddy.  I pushed some texture paste through a word stencil, but although it went on white, as it dried it went opaque and is hard to read, but feels great.

This page is a work in progress as it needs something, but I haven't yet worked out quite what.  Oh well, I'm sure it will be finished eventually with, er, umm, something!

I've entered the tag in the following challenge/s
          Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013

Happy crafting!


  1. Fabulous use of the Dylusions inks on the journal page and the tag, love them both Helen,Michelle x

  2. Wow ! Helen great spin on the Tim tag .love the stamp and bright colors , they look so retro :)

  3. Oh don't I know the feeling about life getting in the way Helen! Summer time here (regardless of the fact that the weather is resolutely remaining winter!) is the busiest time of the year I think! Glad you were able to get inky in the end and love this page. I've also noticed that sometimes ink wipes nicely off an embossed image and sometimes there's a residue but I like that element of surprise! Vicky x


Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!