Saturday 18 May 2013

Double Fold Card

As I was writing up the instructions for the Interlocking Gatefold Card, I realised that it was not going to take 2 hours to make, so I decided to include a Double Fold Card.  This was also sourced from Cliona's blog a while back, and I thought it fitted in with the gatefold theme perfectly.


The paper used is from Kaisercraft Porcelain Rose collection "Wall Flower" and since I thought it so pretty, I didn't really want to have to cover it up too much, so this card design was perfect.


As the name suggests, there is a double fold which allows the interlocking panels to work together in two layers.  Clear as mud?  Hmmm ....... sometimes things are just a wee bit hard to describe!


To add a little definition, I used Vintage Photo distress ink to edge each of the square panels.  The top and bottom panels are the flip side of the lovely flowers, and compliments the overall look quite nicely.

The ladies who came along to class were all quite happy with the two cards they made, including a 'first-timer' who hadn't visited Alice in Paperland until today.  I'm sure she'll be back for some more classes.

After I returned home from class, my DH and I celebrated our Wedding Anniversary at a favourite cafe,  a bit of a late lunch but very yummy!

Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!