Wednesday 12 December 2012

Dylusions - Mela's Garden

My plan for yesterday was to start my Christmas shopping but instead I stayed home waiting for a delivery (of course you never know what time of day it'll arrive) and while I waited, well ... the housework beckoned.

After lunch I thought I should get some sample cards made for upcoming classes early next year, but after procrastinating, instead I played again with  Dylusions.  So come and have a look:

I wanted to do a page without the colour seeping through to the before and after pages, especially as the previous page was already finished.  So I started with the white pages and spritzed colour through the spotty and brick stencils, carefully paper-towelling before lifting the stencil.  Great result and as I hadn't spritzed water first, it didn't seep through, woohoo!  I like having some white space too.

Next I added the border along the bottom, with a few extra circles in the top corners, stamped "Mela" from Stampotique, and added the leaves and flowers.

The spider and web came from Graphic 45 "Happy Hauntings" and to give more depth of colour to the different images, I dipped a little brush directly into the Dylusions inks and painted the leaves, flowers, circles and Mela's dress.  

First thing this morning, I was off to start my Christmas shopping and was able to cross a number of names from my list.   I came home when I realised my 3 hours parking was almost up and I really didn't want to pay to get out of the carpark.  So after revising my list, I'll head out again tomorrow.

Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!