Friday 14 December 2012

Dylusions - Frog Princess

I can't believe how much fun it is to ride play (I've got Jingle Bells in my head lol) with Dylusions inks etc.  Each time I get them out, and with nothing concrete in mind, the colours and designs just flow somehow.  All I need is some more ink colours as I currently only have 6 of the 12 available, and you can never have too many stamps!  (Hint, hint, Christmas is coming ....)

I thought I'd like to do something Christmasy with this page using 'Christmas Words' from Dylusions but what other stamps would I use?  First up, I inked up the body from 'Pondering Petunia', changed her head, added an enormous hand, and gave her shortened legs/feet from 'Ruby Rainbow'.  I then added one of the borders from  'Around the Edge'.

On with the colouring - first the border.  For all the colouring on these pages I have just simply dipped a little paintbrush directly into the Dylusion ink and painted .... so easy.  The colours are really vibrant, I just need more of them!

I decided I'd go with "Kiss you under the mistletoe ......." words but what was I going to use for branches.  After searching through my stamp collection, I decided on a leaf from 'French Foliage' from Stampin' Up!  I inked it up, stamped it, and thought 'oh no, this looks terrible' but stamped it a couple more times anyway thinking 'what a mess'.  Then I painted it green and suddenly the 'mess' turned into 'hey that's actually ok'.  To connect the branches to the frog princess, I stamped the ink splodge from 'French Foliage' using Fired Brick Distress Ink across the page.  To finish off, I added dots of gold Liquid Pearls to the border and around the eyes, and lime green Stickles to the crown and randomly through the red splodges. 

Now I know these pages are primarily white, but I don't mind and I'm happy with how it all came together.  As I said earlier, you just need to start and somehow it flows and turns into a 'masterpiece'.

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. You're really enjoying yourself, aren't you? It really shows too, these are wonderful pages Helen. You're having a great adventure with your Dylusions inks and stamps, it's a wonderful ride and the possibilities are endless too. Have lots of fun and a very merry Christmas. Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the pages are primarily white and it really brings the image to life. The words made me shriek with laughter and I must remember to share it with my daughter when she gets home - the children break up from school at lunchtime today all ready for the Christmas holidays! Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas Helen. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!