Monday 19 March 2012

80th Birthday

Yesterday was my aunt's 80th Birthday and she celebrated it with lunch for family and friends at my cousin's home.  There was lots of yummy finger food, dessert, fruit platter and of course, birthday cake.  We had a very relaxing afternoon and it was lovely to catch up with cousins I rarely see.



Once again I've made an Easel card, though this one is longer and fits a DL envelope.  Cardstock is SU:  Pacific Point,  Pear Pizzaz,  Whisper White;  DSP is various - all retired;  Stamps: Heard from the Heart; Kaisercraft:  Tigerlilly. 

My aunt nearly always wears blues and greens, with a touch of pink added sometimes, and so I thought it appropriate to make a green and blue card.  The DSP all came from different collections but colourwise, they matched really well. That's what I like about SU, everything co-ordinates.

I'm sure she had a really enjoyable birthday surrounded by her children and grandchildren, sister, neices and nephews, other family members and long-time friends.    Happy Birthday, Aunty Elaine .... hip hip hooray!

Have a crafty day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colours on this one Helen. It sounds as if you had a really lovely time! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!