Thursday 22 November 2018

Book in Miniature

I'm slowly making my way through a list of crafty projects
that need to be done,
along with projects just for fun.
One of the fun projects was to make a miniature book.



This miniature book measures approximately 3cm x 3cm.



Each page is held in place under flaps
which also allows them to be taken out to decorate or write on.
According to "Making Handmade Books" by Alisa Golden, this method is called 'Crown Binding'.



This shows the size of the book alongside a regular pen.

The spine and the pages are made using 200gsm water colour paper,
with the cover being Tim Holtz 'Distress Watercolor Cardstock' which is a little heavier.
The cover was coloured using Ken Oliver Color Burst powder paint spritzed with water
leaving a unique mottled pattern.

I have a couple more things that need to be made
and then I guess I should make a start on this years Christmas cards.
Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure that I would have the patience and delicacy of hand to work with such a small piece of art, Helen! I applaud you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!