Sunday 8 March 2015

New beginnings

This week's theme on the 
Tagalong Challenge is "Spring"

Now I realise that for many people who have endured a very white winter this year, they would be very excited to see the first tell-tale signs of spring in their gardens.

However, on the other side of this beautiful world in which we live,
we are heading into autumn, and for me the thought of some cooler temperatures and lower humidity is something I'm looking forward to.  I used to love summer as a child/teenager, but as I'm getting older (shhhhh ...... we won't talk about this), I'm finding the humidity, more so than the actual temperature, is really starting to sap my energy levels.

Anyhow, back to the subject in hand, this is my tag for the challenge:


I started with my background using blue and green Gelatos, spritzing with water and brushing the colours around to where I wanted them.  

The first time I used Gelatos, I was so UNIMPRESSED and disappointed.  I followed instructions, watched youtube videos and still they just didn't work for me.    Fast forward 12 months and I decided to have another try with them in my art journal, this time adding lots more water, with a much better result.  And so, this tag was made using them ...... just goes to show that sometimes you need to revisit products/items in your stash!
 
I stamped the flowers, bird and mushrooms onto post-it notes so I could work out what had to go behind what.  I also stamped a second time onto white cardstock and fussy cut out mushrooms, the bird body and the flower heads.  The bird's body is popped onto dimensionals.  
The stamps used are :

"How does your garden grow?" ~ Dylusions
"Clearly doodle parts" ~ Dylusions
"Large Tall Grass" ~ Visible Image

I used water colour pencils for each of the images, adding sparkle to the flowers with my clear Wink of Stella pen, and Liquid Pearls to give the mushroom spots more dimension.

I doodled around the edges, added a piece of ribbon holding it in place with a co-ordinating brad.  I thought 'new beginnings' suited the spring theme.

Happy Crafting!
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is just perfect for the Tag Along Blog Challenge this week, Helen (even though you are from "down under" and are actually heading toward Autumn). Love the bright colors, the blue sky and your fun stamped images. Perfect title for your tag, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Yet another fantastic make x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!