Friday 27 March 2015

APC Challenge - Week 27

I've finished!!!
Yes, I have just finished Week #27 of the
Altered Playing Card Challenge


This week it was all about using embossing powder as part of the background.  I'm a bit out of practice as I don't emboss things very much anymore, but I rumaged around and found some 'Fine Gold' embossing powder.   I also opened the tub of Tim Holtz' 'Shabby Shutters' embossing powder which looks nothing like the stamp I used underneath - oh well, it's a learning curve isn't it?


The background colour is SU 'kiwi kiss' (discontinued) with 'fine gold' embossing powder over a stamp from SU "Clockworks'.  "Bla Bla Bla' (Stampotique) is stamped in 'jet black' Archival Ink, along with a pointing finger stamp from Prima "Stationers Desk".  The butterfly is also embossed with 'fine gold' and is also from Prima "Butterfly Wings" set.  I doodled around the border.


The background colour is SU 'tempting turquoise' with 'shabby shutters' embossing powder over another stamp in the "Clockworks" set (yes I know, this doesn't look anything like the stamp).  The little postage image is from Prima "Stationers Desk", the heart is a Craft Stamper magazine freebie.  The little envelope came from a roll of images I found in Kmart this week.  Again I doodled around the border.

We've now come to end of the Altered Playing Card Challenge.  It has been lots of fun and learning new techniques along the way.  A big thanks to Claudine for all her inspiration each week.  Come back again and have a look at how I decided to display my cards.
 
Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. I used to emboss a lot, but, like you, not so much anymore, Helen. Here, I love your "kiwi kiss" color and love the gold embossing on the butterfly. Still feeling a bit sad that I bombed out on this challenge, as you are creating some really cool cards! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!