Friday 6 February 2015

Bookworm

The theme at Wicked Wednesday this week is
"Bookworm or Things with Wings"
 
 
I started by covering the ATC with newsprint tissue paper which had first been scrunched up and opened out before being adhered with a glue stick.
 
I coloured it using a blend of Distress Inks with "tea dye" around the edges.
 
The caterpillar from Stampotique was stamped onto white cardstock, along with the wings 
(a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine a while back).
They are coloured by blending watercolour pencils together.
 
I used my new black Wink of Stella pen to add some sparkle to the black veins in the wings and also to the antennas (is that how you spell antennas?).

The books are cut from the front cover of a Graphic 45 christmas collection of papers, as I had already used the papers some time ago.

"Top Secret" is also from Stampotique.


I hope you like my little "Bookworm" - he was certainly fun to create ......
Happy Crafting!
 

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome ATC Helen, love the addition of the books, they look so real. Great color combo here, your bookworm really pops :) Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a bit of a cutie Helen - his face looks like my daughter's when we used to catch her illicitly reading at midnight when she should be asleep! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your caterpillar bookworm, Helen. Great background with the scrunched-up tissue text. Just an adorable ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - those Wink of Stella pens are amazing, they are so fine but really twinkle. I haven't seen the black one so will be on the look out for one now! Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!