Saturday 28 February 2015

APC Challenge - Week 24

Hmmm ...... Week 23?  Yes, it IS coming, just not on this post!

The prompt for Week 24 of the
Altered Playing Card Challenge
is Washi Tape

Add a variety of different but co-ordinated washi tapes to both playing cards.

Card #1

Stamp, emboss and colour an image.  Cut a circle and attach to washi tape as this will help the stamped image stand out.  I cut out the caterpillar (Stampotique) and popped him on dimensionals.  I added a word and all finished!

 Card #2

Die cut an image and using the surrounding area, stamp over the top.  I used a script stamp from Kaisercraft for this step.  Adhere it over the top of the card, allowing the washi tape to show through.  A word was added and again, all finished!

Both these cards were simple and very easy to put together.   

Looking through my mix of washi tapes, I realised that they really needed to be grouped by colour, so I now have three take-away containers, one with black/white tapes, another with blue/green/purple tonings and a third with the remaining mix of colours.  I also realised I have nothing in yellows, so when I'm visiting The Stitches & Craft Show next weekend, I'll see what can be done to remedy this situation!

I'll be back with Week 23 before you know it, so stay tuned!

Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Realizing you didn't have any yellow washi tape and needed to go shopping made me laugh, Helen. But, seriously, I love your take-away container storage system for the tape you do have! I have mind in a huge glass cylinder which is now overflowing. But, back to your APCs today. I saw the first one and thought, Oh, how cute! But, then I saw the second and fell in love with your butterfly! Love the idea of using up washi tape!!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!