Altered Playing Card Challenge - Week 21
I really enjoyed playing along with the prompts this week.
Both cards started with Impasto Medium and stencils, then put aside to dry.
The only difference my cards had to them at this point, was that I used cards I had coloured early in this challenge but hadn't used because they had remained tacky. By following the prompts, all the tackiness is now covered with paint and is no long tacky!
So, now that that is all sorted, let's continue, shall we?
After I wiped the paint from the stencilling, I was left with a pale colour palette. To brighten it up a tad, I dipped my finger into some darker paint and added the spots. After it was dry I added the torn print (tissue paper), let it dry, then added a very quick & easy border. My little girl was made using Dylusions 'bunting' stamps for her dress and hat, stamped onto scraps of coloured paper and cut out. Her dress needed something extra, so I coloured the spots in white with my Posca Paint pen. Her face is stamped using a Prima 'doll' stamp which has three faces - (nothing else, just the faces) and then punched with a circle punch, and just a touch of colour to her lips. I added "dream" to finish off.
The second card is done the same way as the first, but this time some washi tape was attached to some scrap card to use as a background. I don't have any black washi tape so went with a small red pattered one instead. The face and hat on this girl are made the same way as the previous card, but this time her body is stamped using my Stampotique cube stamp onto spotty paper and cut out. Her legs are from Stampotique "Hamlet of Halloween" and her arms from "Carrot". I quickly sponged some black dots before adhering her to the washi tape background and cut around leaving a border. The words are from Dylusions.
Hope you like my creations this week ......