Friday 5 December 2014

Vintage Christmas Cards

This morning I joined the scrapbooking ladies at Alice in Paperland, although only two of them were actually scrapbooking; one lady was making book covers and I was making more Christmas cards.  It is very rare for me to scrapbook although it is something that I think I should do more often.


The background papers came from a 6" x 6" pad from Bo Bunny which was a recent freebie on the front of a card magazine.  Included in the freebie was also a christmas stamp set with which I stamped 'Happy Christmas' on the front of each card using 'jet black' Archival Ink.


The papers are all double sided and some seem to look better on white cardstock while others look better on ivory cardstock, so I made five of each.

The vintage santas on each card came from Darkroom Door, as part of a "mystery pack" which was delivered to me during the week.  

These cards were all very easy to put together, just cut the paper to size, ink around the edges in Distress Ink "spruce", add a narrow strip (also inked on the edges) and pop up santa on dimensionals.

Happy Crafting!
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice cards ! I am sure the recipients will be very happy with them !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Helen, this are so lovely! Love vintage anything, so these are very special to me! I am using a 6x6 Christmas paper pad to make the cards for this month's Stampotique Designers' Challenge! I have had them for ages and it feels good to use them up!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!