Altered Playing Card Challenge
This weeks challenge is all about
so, I had a look through my stash of stamps and found only two bees, one small and one big!
But that is ok as there are only two playing cards anyway.
Come and see what all the buzz is about!
I started by squeezing a small blob of lime and gold acrylic paints onto my craft sheet, and using a little sponge, added colour to both cards. The colour difference is because gold was added first on the left card while lime was added first on the right card.
After the paint dried I added a torn piece of scrip tissue paper down the side and another smidgen of torn paper on the top left corner. I then added Viva Croco Cracking Colour 'Metallic Silver' through a honeycomb stencil. I've never used this product before, but it was in my mystery box from Darkroom Door so I thought I'd give it a try out. Next I stamped off once the "bla bla bla" words from Stampotique for a bit more interest.
I've had this bee stamp in my stash for years and have always thought him quite fun. I stamped him onto white cardstock, coloured him with yellow and orange Distress Markers and cut out just his body. I then stamped him again directly onto the playing card and glued the cut image over the top.
I used 'Vintage Photo' Distress Ink through the honeycomb stencil on this card, and then tore a couple of pieces of tissue paper and glued them over the top. I stamped "Bee Happy" onto white card, punched it out with a small over punch, coloured it with a yellow Distress Marker and squeezed a nice layer of Glossy Accents over the top, putting it aside from 24 hours to dry. The Distress Marker bled a little under the Glossy Accents but I'm happy with the end result. Once it was dry I popped it onto dimensionals to finish off the card.