Thursday 1 May 2014

Colour Saturation

The theme for April's Stampotique ATC swap was
"COLOUR SATURATION"

So, what to do?

Since Mr Mojo seems to be AWOL
and I was trying to work out exactly what 
"colour saturation" meant,
 I had a bit of a think and came up with a painty background
that I had been playing with a couple of weeks ago.

 
I don't have a Gelli Plate
but there was an article in a magazine 
about using an acrylic block instead.

So  a few squirts of Kaisercraft acrylic paints in
Turquoise, Lime & Hot Pink
onto my largest SU block,
shmooshed around then straight down onto a piece of cardstock
and when you lift it up, it sort of lifts the paint too
giving the texture of ridges or leaves.

Since there is plenty of paint on the block
you can give it a second and third go onto more card
and each time will give you a different effect.


I next stamped Girl and her Dog (without the Dog)
onto white cardstock
and then onto leftover pieces of the painty background for her dress
before fussy cutting around the images.


I decided to leave the Girls uncoloured
as I thought there was plenty of colour already.


The sticker words on each ATC were all different
as they came from a packet in my stash
and no two words were the same.
It took me a while sitting looking at them all
to work out little quotes that made sense.

So, there you have it!
The first two girls made their way to Scotland and the USA
and I kept the third for myself.

Thanks for coming to look at what I can do without Mr Mojo,
and if you would like to leave a comment 
(only nice ones, of course)
then please do!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Great technique, Helen, and new to me! I love your color saturated ATCs! A fantastic job with no Mr. Mojo at your side, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great how they are all the same but different ! You don't need Mr. Mojo !!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!