Friday 30 May 2014

Polka Dots

is #149 - Pink, Turquoise & Polka Dots

I enjoy challenges that have a colour or theme
as I find it is a good starting point,
especially if, like me, you find yourself staring
at a blank card with absolutely zilch between the ears!
(i.e. nothing!  not a single thought!)

 
I started by blending 'picked raspberry' over the whole tag
with some darker splodges on the edges.

Next I inked up my 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder
with 'peacock feathers'
and ran the tag through the Cuttlebug.
It didn't quite do what I had in mind, but 'hey' that's OK.

I then inked 'picked raspberry' through the
'mini circle explosion' stencil randomly to create polka dots.


I stamped "Head" (Stampotique)
(borrowed from Jenni - thanks)
  onto some scrap card
and coloured his shirt alternatively with 
'picked raspberry' & 'peacock feathers' Distress Markers.
It is so good having Markers and Ink that co-ordinate when working on projects!

I cut him out, popped him on dimensionals and put two strips
of washi tape to ground him.

From left over card scraps, I wrote the little quote
and also popped each word up on dimensionals.

I finished with a length of seam binding ribbon 
coloured by dragging it through both colour stamp pads,
spritzing with water to blend the colours
and dried in the sun for 10 minutes before attaching to the tag.

Happy Crafting!!!

10 comments:

  1. You have created a super cute tag, Helen! It's just perfect for the challenge this week. I do have "Head," although it has been a while since he has seen the light of day. Love how much dimension you added in both your image and quote. What I don't understand is your patience in sun drying your colored seam binding! Ten minutes? Ten seconds with the heat gun! Ha! It also has something to do with the fact that my art space is on the third floor of my home. I am so glad that you continue to participate in the Stampotique Designers' Challenges...you continue to inspire us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! You rocked this challenge :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous indeed ! I love your tag too ! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this tag! Love the embossed polka dots on the tag! Great idea
    Thanks for joining us at stampotique designers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Tag, love the dots using the embossing folder genius idea! Head is a fab choice of stamp, i can see how confused he would be between dots and plaid lol.

    Thanks for the smile, wonderful ArT :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour combo and love your background

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to go back to the Stampotique site and add your challenge number so you will be eligible for the drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this on FB and loved it - fabulous background and hose colours are lush! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely tag! Loving all the dots. Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!