Saturday 21 September 2013

Heart Throb & Teddy

Over at Stampotique this week, the theme is "Birthday" in honour of one of the DT's birthday. Happy Birthday wishes, Kim !!!  So, out came my newest two stamps, Heart Throb and Teddy.  I know there are much more recent stamp releases, but Stampotique stamps are rarely found here in Sydney.  I really can't understand why, so I think it's time for me to start ordering directly from the source.


For the background I used a combination of Distress Inks, 'peacock feathers' and 'shaded lilac', then using Dylusions 'diamond border' stencil I again went over it with  'peacock feathers' and 'peeled paint' from top right to bottom left corners.

Next I fussy cut Heart Throb and his Teddy, colouring them with Distress Markers to contrast with the background.  Using him as placement only, I then stamped "Hip Hip Hooray its your Birthday" using black Archival ink.  Before popping him up on dimensionals, a couple of pieces of washi tape were added to ground him.  Another piece of washi tape has been used for a 'ribbon'.


A little slit allows Heart Throb to hold Teddy under his arm, no escape for this Teddy!

You too can join in the fun at Stampotique.

Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Great colours and I hope you find a supplier nearer home soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used Heart Throb on this card and thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge and for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your birthday tag, Helen! Those two images perfectly paired up for fun!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!