Tuesday 15 January 2019

When you are completely lost

I treated myself to a little present just before Christmas,
but until today I hadn't found the time to have a play
as I was busy with a couple of other projects .... more on them soon.


Not only did I get myself a new toy, but I also managed to find
the new range of "Alice" paper from Stamperia.


I set about to make a journal using 
the Eileen Hull Travel Journal die [my new toy]
which I cut from chipboard.


I then ran some of the papers through the Cuttlebug with the same die
to make the front and back covers along with insides for both covers.


Rummaging through mum's old sewing basket, I found some hat elastic to hold the signatures in, and the outer closure has been in my stash for quite a while just waiting to be used.

I find extra pockets really useful in journals, 
these ones have a little concertina to make them more roomy.


 Each signature has five folded pages and were cut from a pad of watercolour paper.


Three signatures fit perfectly, allowing room for extra bits & pieces
on the pages and also in the pockets [as mentioned earlier].



This journal was a lot of fun to put together
and I can see myself making more of these, 
especially as there are SO many gorgeous papers on the market.

[The current theme on the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is
"B is for Books" - do you think this counts?

 
I'm going to sneak it in and see what they think, hehehe!] 



Happy Crafting!
 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at SOSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Alice - of course it counts! For me, at least. What a beautiful creation! If I had something like that, I _might_ even be tempted to actually use a journal. :P Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Helen, this is brilliant! I love Alice and am blown away by your journal making skills! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work with the sisterhood, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhh your journal is AMAZING!!!
    Thanks for getting your read on to join Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers for "B is for Books"

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!