Saturday 7 April 2018

Flower Fairies

Good morning, welcome back!
 
I've always liked the flower fairies which were drawn and painted by 
Cicely Mary Barker many years ago, 
so when 49 and Market brought out some papers with these drawings,
I had to have some!


One of my aunts just celebrated her 90th birthday, and I was trying to think of suitable stamps or papers which would suit a lady of that age. 
 I looked through my paper collections and found this one, 
"Flower Fairies of Spring - In the Garden".

 


I cut it to 130mm x 130mm and added a black mat before adhering to a folded white card.
The sentiment was stamped in 'jet black' Archival Ink 
with a stamp from Stampendous - Birthday Wishes.

I had some flowers in my stash which co-ordinated with the background,
which added some dimension and height (but not too much as it needed to be mailed).

 


 I added some Wink of Stella to the flower petals on the paper
for a bit of extra shimmer.

Reaching a 90th birthday is quite an achievement
and I hope my aunt had a beautiful day celebrating her special day!

Happy Crafting!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!