Saturday 18 November 2017

Friendship Gifts

I think I'm on a bit of a roll lately.  
My poor blog was feeling rather neglected,
 but this month Mr Mojo has got back to the craft room desk
and is having a lovely time catching up with things!
 
At the church I belong to, once a month there is a Friendship Service
which is primarily (but not limited to) for the older folk in the congregation,
who for various reasons, find it difficult to attend regular Sunday services. 
So, on the first Wednesday each month, the old folk are picked up from their homes, 
taken to church, enjoy morning tea or a light lunch together, and are then taken home again.
 
In December, the same thing happens, however they are treated to a lovely lunch
with all the trimmings, an outside choir come and sing carols,
and a very festive time is enjoyed by everyone.
 
Each place setting has a little gift,
and for the last few years I've helped contribute with something craft related.
This year I've been making little packs of 4 gift cards (and envelopes) and some fridge magnet calendars.



[4 cards & envelopes]

[4 cards & envelopes]

[1 Christmas card with 4 gift tags]

[4 cards & envelopes]

[fridge magnet calendar]

As each of the card packs vary in size and no two are the same, 
a variety of each of these will be placed on each table.

To add a more festive touch, I'll finish each pack off with some colourful curling ribbon.

I've almost finished making everything, just a few more to go.  
Once they are done, I should have around 75 packs which should be plenty to go around!
 
Happy Crafting!
 








1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thoughtful idea. I'm amazed at how many you have made, but they're for a great cause x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!