Wednesday 24 September 2014

APC Challenge Week 3

Altered Playing Card Challenge
Week 3

In week 3 we got to play with alcohol inks, so I  rummaged around and found some inks and got to work.  The colours are so vibrant, actually SO vibrant that the first card I inked seemed to be just a tad too dark (in a bright sort of way), so I added alcohol blending solution and then pounced the colour onto another tag which lightened the colours.


Next I used Tim Holtz's tag "shattered glass" with black Distress Ink on the top half of the card, and added the spider from Graphic 45 "Halloween Hauntings" and the words, also from the same set of stamps.


On the second of the cards I used yellow and orange Distress Inks blended together.  I find the colour over the gesso is fairly pale but in this instance that was ok.  As I blended I found the diamond from the playing cards peeped through and added something more to the card.  

The bird is a digi image that I won a little bit ago and is coloured with watercolour pencils.  I added a bit of washi tape to the top and bottom and used letter stickers for the title.


This challenge should be lots of fun as it continues through the whole deck of cards.

If you want to know how to play along too, go to

I'll be back soon to show you week 4.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!