Tuesday, 23 September 2014

APC Challenge Weeks 1 & 2

Altered Playing Card Challenge
Weeks 1 & 2

I found this challenge on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, thought it looked like fun and decided to play along.   The idea for this challenge is to use a deck of cards, and alter them in different ways each week until you get to the end.

If you would like to play along too, you can find all the details at

Week #1 was to either sand back each card or to gesso each, as because the cards are plastic coated, nothing will really stick to them.  I chose to gesso mine but I wonder if sanding them would have been better as I'm finding the gesso acts as a resist, especially when using water based sprays.

However, this is what they all looked like with gesso, in various stages of drying.

Moving on to Week #2, we were adding colour using Dylusions sprays or something similar.  I really like the Dylusions sprays as they are quite vibrant although do dry slightly paler, but I found on the gesso, you need to colour, dry, colour, dry, colour & dry to get enough colour.

The card on the left was made using Stampin' Up! products and some Tim Holtz letters.

The card on the right used a Digi image I won I little while back of this beautiful Pegasus.  I was really pleased with how this turned out until I hand wrote the words, made worse by outlining them.  Oh well, if I try to remove them now, I'll just muck the whole thing up, so I guess this is how it will stay!

I'll be back again soon to show you how Weeks 3 & 4 turned out.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!