Saturday 5 April 2014

Time Warp

Now that I know my ATC arrived safely to its destination, I thought I'd better blog about it.  The theme for March was "Time Warp", so I decided I'd try to imitate the black and red colours on the cover of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" album.


Originally I was trying to drip both red and black inks on white card, but that just looked awful, and then it occurred to me to use a red piece of card for the ATC and drip black Dylusions ink which looked much better, with a little bit of spattering added.   In browsing a scrapbooking store I came across a chipboard 'film strip and camera' which was the right size and would be in keeping with the Rocky Horror movie.  I carefully went around the film strip with a black Sharpie pen, sponged the camera with Archival 'watering can' ink, and the surrounding circle with a silver pen.  I adhered acetate behind the film strip.

I stamped "Gooseneck" onto white card with 'watering can' and cut to shape matching the film strip.  I added the words 'Time Warp' with Kaisercraft adhesive letters and finished with a black mat (which is actually the correct ATC size).


For a little extra something for my recipient, I made an easel card using the same colours.  I couldn't help but think that Gooseneck reminds me a little of Susan Sarandon as 'Janet', what do you think?


The background stamp on both the ATC and the card is a Tim Holtz stamp 'time' from his Components Collection.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Your ATC is wonderful ! I am sure the recipient was very happy with it..... On to next swap !!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!