This morning was my last class at Alice in Paperland for the year, and I have that strange feeling of freedom and kicking up my heels. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy teaching classes, it's just that at this end of the year it's is nice to feel that you are winding down, but at the same time, more time to just play!
But, there are a few things that have to be finished this week or I will be letting people down and I definitely do not want to do that! So, I have almost finished a Christmas Card Swap; and I have made 33 out of 40 card packs. Each pack contains 4 cards and envelopes popped into a cellophane bag, which will have a length of curling ribbon wrapped around it for some festive cheer. Our church has a 'Friendship Service' each month for the old folk who can't normally get to church any more. A number of people pick them up from their homes, and drop them back again around lunchtime. In December a Christmas lunch is put on for them, and it's nice to have a little something at each place setting, so this year it's a pack of cards, left blank inside and suitable for all sorts of occasions.
Of course, the other thing this week are the different challenges to get those creative juices flowing. At Stampotique this week, the theme is "SPLAT". Oooh, I like splats!!!
I started off with gesso, mixing some drops of yellow re-inker into it which produced a sort of pale apricot colour. Then using 'cell theory' stencil and a spatular, added it to the tag and heat dried it. I like the way the gesso starts to bubble when heated - it adds a bit more texture and interest. Next I sponged on some 'peeled paint' and 'fired brick' Distress Ink in the white areas, spritzed with water and mopped off before drying again.
The "splat" comes from flicking Dylusions 'black marble' ink randomly across the tag. "Every girl and her dog" (minus the dog, but come back again to see where he/she ended up) was stamped onto ivory cardstock, and again onto a leftover scrap of paper for her dress. She was fussy cut and popped onto dimensionals before being attached to the tag, with a little piece of washi tape to ground her.
Another smidgeon of washi tape was added to the top and a folded length stapled on for the ribbon. The words are made up from Kaisercraft letter stickers. Lastly the tag was adhered to a black mat.
This was so much FUN and without much thought, it all just fell into place. Gee, I wish all my projects were this easy!!!
I'm entering this tag into this week's Stampotique challenge.
I'm also entering this tag in Craftstamper Make It Take It Challenge