Wednesday 13 March 2013

Masculine Cards

At last, the delivery we've been waiting for, finally arrived at Alice in Paperland on Monday.  Lots of goodies were in the boxes, including the new Dylusion Inks, Tim Holtz' Blueprint stamp sets, Graphic 45 Secret Garden and French Country collections, as well as restocking our shelves with other bits and pieces.

I was going to have a play with my new inks yesterday, but housework beckoned and my 'playtime' didn't happen.  However, I did go through some craft drawers and after clearing them out, now have two empty drawers just waiting to be filled (that won't take long, believe me)!

Today I was having a play with a new card design, which seemed to take ages, but with a bit of tweaking, should work reasonably well.  I also needed a card for my BFF whose birthday is tomorrow, and since I'll be seeing her later in the day, I needed a present for her too.  I'll post a photo of her card and present tomorrow, just in case she happens to read today's post.


In the meantime, I made these cards a couple of weeks ago as samples for the shop and the 'Alicemobile'.  Last year Alice started a mobile service taking craft goodies and cardstock etc to retirement villages and craft groups that aren't very mobile and can't get to the shop.   Sometimes she takes one of the teachers to demonstrate cards, and takes a number of samples along as well for inspiration.  This mobile service is really starting to take off and is very welcome among the mostly elderly groups she visits.


Masculine cards are sometimes hard to make, but this paper makes it easy.  One side has different sporting images and the other has co-ordinating stripes.  Add a sentiment sticker and it's ready to pop in the mail.  (I've gone blank on the company that makes these papers, so when the brain cells recover, I'll let you know.)

The next couple of days are going to be busy, so I probably won't get too much crafting done :-( , however, I'm hoping to have more time on the weekend.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous Helen. Love your designs - perfect male cards.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!