Friday 15 March 2013

Birthday goodies for ......

As a follow-up to my last post, now that my BFF has received her birthday present, I can show you her card and craft goodies.



I decided to give her a selection of japanese papers each with a sheet of co-ordinating cardstock, a variety of five sticker sheets in both gold and silver, two packs of bling and a brown paper journal, which comes as a blank canvas waiting to be decorated and used.   After wrapping the present, I tied two lengths of ribbon around it, just a little something extra to add to the gift!


While I was going through my craft drawers the other day, I came across a sheet of "Flippin' Women" and thought it would be just right for my BFF's birthday.  It depicts a messy craft room as the background, with front and back images of the lady in the foreground.  So with a bit of fussy cutting and layering, soon the crafty lady was ready to be layered onto a piece of acetate.


The card size is cut to fit the picture, with an aperture cut from the front, another piece of card is cut to create a border, and the acetate is sandwiched between the two layers.  Then the crafty lady image is attached to both the front and back of the acetate, lining up the images neatly.

I stamped a greeting on the bottom front using SU "Heard from the Heart", and added Happy Birthday to the top inside with room to write a message on the bottom.

This was a nice easy card to put together with a touch of humour, and I know she won't get two cards the same.  I must say though, that the messy craft room image is more akin to what my room would look like (if I had one), than what my friend's room looks like!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!