Sunday 3 February 2013

Home to Roost

I've almost finished my little 6" x 6" book and have been trying to carefully spritz the pages before and after the predominantly white Christmas page to try not to have the colours bleed through.  I now realise the benefits of using heavier weight paper, and this little book was obviously not designed for using inks.  Oh well, it was sitting in my stash and I was just starting out using Dylusions and I've had so much fun along the way.  Can't wait to start playing in my Dylusion journal !!!

I carefully spritzed this double page in Lemon Zest, with the paper towel at the ready to instantly mop excess ink (and no colour bleeds - sigh of relief).  To decorate the page I stamped "Curly Owl" from Victoria's Secret and the flying owl SU "Owl together now" (discontinued)  onto ivory cardstock and spritzed with Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue and Crushed Grape, and cut around each image.

 
I stamped the branch from "Owl together now" for the Curly owl to sit on, and continued stamping around the edges of both pages.  For a bit of extra colour, some Fresh Lime ink was painted onto the leaves.

I then stamped the owl again and coloured his eyes and beak yellow and blue, and his ears, wings and feet turquoise.  I fussy cut around each bit and glued his wings, eyes and beak into place.


Each owl was glued in position - a nice vibrant owl without worrying about colour bleeding!

In case you are wondering, his ears and feet were used for another owl, which I'll show you tomorrow.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!