Thursday 1 November 2012

Twisted Card

Hmmm, it's been a busy time here lately, you know, just ordinary everyday stuff that suddenly feels like there are mountains to climb over ......... anyhow, somehow not too much crafting has managed to get done but I'm hoping that will change shortly, and that this weekend should shoo lost mojo away.

From Friday to Sunday the annual Papercraft Show is on again at Penrith Panthers with lots of stalls to browse and of course, spend money (not too much I hope).  There will be demos to watch,  make and takes, and lots more ideas to gleen.  Alice in Paperland has been setting up the stall this afternoon, with demos each day.  I'm doing a demo on Sunday and thought I'd stick with the folding ideas I demo'd at Miranda last week, as they were quite popular.  So if you have nothing to do this weekend, head to Penrith for your 'crafting fix'.


I found this "Twisted Card" while browsing a forum on Splitcoaststampers recently and thought it looked interesting but easy  ...... and it is!  It has two pockets, one on the front and one inside, just the thing for a tag or gift voucher. 


The paper used is Kaisercraft "Twig & Berry" collection, SU cardstock, stamp is from Stamp-It that I've had for ages and ink pad was Tim Holtz Distressed "peeled paint".


The inside looks very much like the outside, just right for slipping in a gift voucher or even some money.

I tried this card using cardstock and while it worked well, I think it looks better using double-sided patterned paper.  All you need is some A5 paper/card, score diagonally from top right to bottom left, fold up bottom right corner (which will form two peaks), score from fold line to dip between peaks, fold in half and it's done, easy peasy!

Have a crafty day!


5 comments:

  1. Fab card, hope your demo goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous Helen. Enjoy your day at the Craft Show.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen this twisted card idea before Helen and it looks very useful. Have fun at Penrith and happy demo-ing! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen! Just love your folded creations! I especially like the tea bag holder from a couple of posts back. Do you have a tutorial on this? Also does "Alice" sell the magnetic closures? I have wanted them for ages! (So glad you had a lovely time away in Canberra with your DH. I know what it is like to lose family members in quick succession. Hugs!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn, the 'Tea for Two' holder is really easy and uses a 6" square. I think if I try to explain I will just confuse you, but if you don't mind, I can send you an email with a link to a youtube video which was done by Jenni who also works at Alice's. Alice does sell magnetic closures, (from memory they are about $8.50) and come in small and large. You can order online www.aliceinpaperland.com.au or send her an email. Helen

      Delete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!