Wednesday 26 September 2018

ConGRADulations!

CONGRADULATIONS!
YOU DID IT!!!
 


There was a bit of a proud parents moment happening this week
when our #3 son graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.

Of course, a card was in order
and having browsed an online craft website (shhhhhh .... we won't tell anyone)
I came across this graduate who I thought rather fitted the bill.

 Whilst going through my papers looking for a suitable background
I came across this paper, which is the 'other' side of a pretty floral pattern.
I cut it to size, then stamped the graduate on one side, then again on white card.



 Using Archival 'watering can' ink, I stamped the books on the background, 
overlapping the boy just a little bit.  I then stamped them again on scrap paper,
cut around around them and using this as a mask, 
stamped the 'curiosity' quote, also in 'watering can' ink.

 Using Mr Google, I found what colour robes #3 son would be wearing
and coloured the graduate accordingly, including a white stripe on the collar of the robe.
He was fussy cut and glued directly over the background image.
The sentiment was stamped to complete the card front.

A black border and a yellow card finished it off perfectly.

STAMPS
Stamping Bella - Oddball Boy Graduate
Tim Holtz - Warehouse District; Schoolhouse

I love it when a card comes together without too much fuss and effort
- I wish they would all do that!

  To top it off, my son thought the card was pretty spot on
[apart from the skull on the mortar board - his didn't have one] !!!

HAPPY CRAFTING!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!