Thursday 25 January 2018

Ugh! People!

When you're having fun .... keep going!

That's what I've been doing with these Distress Oxide backgrounds.
Each one is unique and random and it is so easy to make a quick card when 
you don't need to think twice about the background.


This little chap  rat looks a bit worried - I wonder if he is being chased by 'people', or even worse?

I know rats aren't usually blue/green, however I wanted him to stand out from the background
and it seems to suit him.


I gave the background a quick spritz with water to age it slightly, 
and ran a fine black pen around the edges for a border.

Ratty is coloured with my usual favourite Prismacolor pencils
and a piece of washi tape in almost the same colours as the background,
helps to ground him.

I know I've been using black mats on white cards a lot lately,
but with the lovely bright colours of the Distress Oxides,
I think the black compliments the backgrounds very well.

Stamps
Katzelkraft - Les rats des villes [KTZ179]
Dylusions - Ugh!! People!! [DYR51282]

Distress Oxides
worn lipstick, spiced marmalade, broken china

I bought some Dylusions paint pens yesterday, along with a new stamp and co-ordinating stencil
so I think a play might be in order.
Happy Crafting!
 


1 comment:

  1. I love these quirky animals and they look great on your fab inky backgrounds. Looks nag forward to seeing what you make with your new stash x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!