Wednesday 19 April 2017

Elegance meets wonder

Mr Mojo, where are you?
 Who knows where he has got to ... probably sunning himself somewhere exotic!

Thankfully, there are themes popping up everywhere for inspiration,
and with that in mind,
The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers have a new theme 
"E is for Elegant"



I started by spritzing plain white card with water,
and then puffing some Ken Oliver Color Burst paints in
Orange and Alizarin Crimson
followed by more spritzing to run the colours a bit more.
 I then set it aside to dry for a while.





I stamped the elegant lady onto white card, adding colour to her skin and hair, 
and fussy cut her
.
I then sat and looked at her trying to decide whether to leave her black & white against the colourful background, or add colour.  I left her on my desk overnight and this morning decided to add variations of blue for contrast - I think she looks better with more colour!

I added touches of metallic blue gel pen to highlight her crown, necklace
and the criss-cross bits on her gown.

I stamped the lady directly onto the background before gluing the cut image on top.  
By doing this, the swirly vine isn't lost. 



Stamps
Carabelle Studio - Woman & Bird
Challenges


Yippee!  I managed without Mr Mojo!!!
I'm sure he'll come home when he sees I did this by myself!  LOL!!!

Happy Crafting!
 


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Really elegant and I think your decision to add the blue was right, it really helps the image to pop out from the background
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you created on this fab card. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!
    You fussy cut her??? You have far greater patience than I!
    Agreed, she pops against that gorgeous background with colour!
    Thanks for joining the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS for our E is for Elegant challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, Helen - your fussy cutting skills are amazing! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, dear Helen! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Thanks for being Elegant with the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this A LOT! The blue really is perfect. Nicely done on the background, too! My cards never turn out this well when my mojo is missing, I'm jealous! :P Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!