Tuesday 1 March 2016

Use Squares

This week, it is the turn of "Heart Throb" to take centre stage on the
Stampotique Challenge -  #233 "Use Squares"


I started thinking about the bokeh technique and that in turn got me thinking about squares, so I made myself a template using 1 1/4", 1" and 3/4" punches and got inking.


The three background colours are 'antique linen', 'victorian velvet' and 'cracked pistachio' Distress Inks.  These were inked randomly over white cardstock, overlapping slightly.



"Heart Throb" was stamped using 'jet black' Archival Ink, coloured with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut.  He was glued directly onto the card with a touch of shading added to create a shadow.  A little "hello" stamp (from my stash) finishes the front panel off.  This was mounted on a black mat before adhering to a white card.

Happy Crafting!









2 comments:

  1. You can't not love Heart Throb ! This is lovely Helen. Thanks for joining us this week !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sporting a lot of Stampotique images lately, Helen, and each time I see one, I just have to smile!! Heart Throb is one of my faves and I love how you used his pants (as well as the background) for the challenge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!