Friday 7 August 2015

Queen of Everything

Yes, believe it or not, I'm back to show you the second birthday card that was mailed this week.



This is one of my new Stampotique stamps by Kate Crane called "Queen of Everything".  
Originally I had barely glanced at this stamp until I saw it at a recent craft show where it had been stamped onto fabric, embroidered over the top and framed.  It looked fabulous and I looked at it with renewed interest.

I decided to do some paper piecing with this card, something I don't normally do but thought would work well.  
I started with my background paper, cutting a third off and flipping it over for a different but co-ordinating pattern.  I trimmed this with a border punch and put it aside.
Next I stamped "Queen of Everything" directly onto the background paper.  I again stamped the image onto an offcut of spotty paper and also the flipside of this paper (have I lost you yet?).  I trimmed around the spotty image gluing it directly over the first one.  With the flipside, I trimmed the crown, wings, collar, circle and house and glued them in place.

From an envelope of goodies I received in the mail recently, I decided to use a paper doily and feather.  These were glued in place.  The background papers were then 'rejoined' with a length of velvet ribbon hiding the join.  I inked around the edges with 'vintage photo' Distress Ink.  This was then layered on another patterned paper which was also edged with Distress Ink, before being adhered to a yellow card base.

To finish off, little dots of gold Liquid Pearls were added to the crown and dress.


The quote on the inside of this card is part of the stamp.

I don't usually make cards with lots of layers although I do like the look of them.  It's something I think I need to practise and I certainly have plenty of papers to practice with!
Thanks for visiting, leave a message if you would like to
and I hopefully it won't be long before I'm back again.
Happy Crafting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!