Saturday 1 March 2014

March Calendar Journal

My apologies for not coming back yesterday, but since today is the 1st of March, it's a more appropriate date to show you my page, so here 'tis:


I chose the colours because I wanted a more autumn(y) feel to the page.  I must say I was pretty happy with how it turned out, especially after February's BLAH page.  I'm going to have to fix it because between January's 'summer' and now March's 'autumn',  poor February looks even worse then BLAH!

I started with spritzing water over the whole page, followed by  Dylusion Inks 'fresh lime', 'lemon zest' and 'cherry pie'.  The pages were then shmooshed together which gives a lovely blending of the colours and then dried off with the heat tool.


Next, using Distress Ink 'tea dye' and a stencil, I added portions of writing across both pages.

On the bottom corner using 'jet black' Archival Ink, I stamped "Relaxin' " and "Kitty", and in the top corner "Owl Tree", all Stampotique stamps.


The owls were given the eye treatment with little dots of gold Liquid Pearls as did kitty.  The days were punched using SU square 1 1/4" punch, and all letters and numbers stamped using stamps from my stash.

Thanks for visiting and hope you are having a lovely day wherever you happen to be.  Today's weather in Sydney is cool and damp, perfect for the first day of autumn. 

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Wow those colours are amazing! It seems so strange you moving into Autumn whilst we are heading for Spring! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting colors for the month of March, Helen! I just love "Relaxin'" and, combined with Kitty, they are a hit!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!