I've recently joined a Friday morning scrappers group, which is fairly informal and while most are creating pages for their albums, not everyone is scrapping a page, especially me as I don't tend to scrap very often.
After viewing Graphic 45's blog a couple of weeks ago, I was really taken with the Bird Song Pocket Album that Arlene had put together using papers from the "Bird Song" collection. It is so pretty and I watched her how-to video with great interest before making one for myself using the "Steampunk Spells" collection.
I got started on this mini album last Friday, firstly creating the pages from black cardstock, then cutting the Steampunk Spells papers to fit each page. I then realised that I wanted to go around the edge of each page with Distress Ink and of course, I didn't have any with me. So since our two hours was almost finished, I packed my bits'n'pieces away and headed home.
This week having found myself with two extra days at home, as a couple of other things had been cancelled, I was able to continue with the pages and set about putting it all together.
For the closure I used some seam binding ribbon dyed with Dylusion inks to co-ordinate with the inside pages. Seam binding ribbon takes dyes really well and it is wonderful being able to colour match.
Each page has three pockets - on the front, in the centre and on the back. I've placed black mats into each pocket for photos to be added. The front mat is double matted with some ivory cardstock for journalling. Each of the centre mats has a tab top.
I picked up the 'winged key' at the Stitches & Craft Show I attended recently, simply because I liked it, and it has proven to be a perfect match for this album.
I'm sure I'll be making a few more of these mini albums as they would make beautiful gifts for Christmas.
As always, thanks for visiting and if you get the chance, pop over to Arlene's blog and have a look at her gorgeous book.