Tuesday 18 June 2013

I Love You Little Rabbit

As mentioned in my last post, my BFF and I enjoyed a lovely day out at the Craft & Quilt Fair at Darling Harbour last Friday.  This Fair was celebrating 20 years and included a wonderful display of quilts in all colours of the rainbow.  So much work goes into each and every quilt and I can only wonder at how long some of them take to finish.  Also on display were some of last years HSC student's creations, simply breathtaking.   And contrary to what you may have thought, we were both very good when it came to spending our $$$.  The Fair has a variety of stalls, many of them being fabric for quilts, along with beading and papercraft and so my stash consisted of one stamp set, one roll of washi tape and a little clip-on LED light.  Now, IF we had gone to Brisbane to the Papercraft Festival, we would have spent a LOT more $$$ because it is ONLY papercraft (sigh - maybe next year)!!!

 When I was at work yesterday I realised my 'owl' nametag was starting to look a bit tired and I suddenly realised the new stamp I'd bought on Friday would be perfect for a new tag.


She is from the GORJUSS range and is called "I Love You Little Rabbit".  These stamps are a bit hard to find so when I saw her on the stand, I didn't hesitate in buying her.  I realised when I went to stamp her that she was perfect for making a 3D image as she is really easy to layer. 

I stamped her three times on watercolour paper and coloured her using Distress Markers which blend so easily before fussy cutting around each of the areas to be layered.  To ensure that her legs and the rabbit wouldn't get creased, I also stamped her onto a piece of acetate and adhered all the layers together.  I really don't like using pins on the back of my tags as I'm always worried they'll snare threads and so I popped a little peg on instead - easy peasy!

There is also a frame in this stamp set which will be so useful for all sorts of projects but wasn't needed for this tag.

Happy Crafting!
 



4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Helen. The Gorjuss stamps are one of my favourites and I love how you have layered her hair.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Helen. I love your new name badge. it's gorgeous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time Helen and what a sweet name tag! Thanks for the top tip about the peg on the back - that will save some of my clothes! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!